Having Novocain. Tongue and gums tasteless. What is the metallic taste?

I have a strange taste in my mouth. I feel like the right side of my mouth is in the last stage effects of having Novocain. I am not numb but just the right side of my toung and gums feel very strange and food on that side of my mouth has no flavor. Also the taste buds on the back of my toung are swollen and when I swallow they are large enough that my uvula touches them. This has been going on for a week and a half. I have had no dental work done recently so I m not sure why all if a sudden there is this strange metalic taste in my mouth
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012