Having Liver cirrhossis. Diagnosed with varices. Pain in shoulder blade when swallowing. Caused by varices?

I have liver cirrhosis from blood transfusions Inreceived in1977. I have already dealt with Class action over this I have never drank in my life-now ag 82. I have now been diagnosed with small varices and wonder how this will affect me--now I seem to hurt a little when I swallow and a pain goes through my shoulder bl.ade-- is this from the varices. I do see my specialist on Apr 4, but would like to know what is going on in the mean time
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013