Having COPD, high blood pressure and edema. Using oil and Frankinscence. Concerned ?

I just got into town, and I'm taking care of my mother who has COPD, and is on meds for high blood pressure/ steroids for her lungs/ and thyroid pills. She had adema before I got here and my sisters told me she was on a pill to keep down the swelling, and a cath was put in place. I've been using essential oils of Clove to increase circulation, and Frankinscence for the cellulitus on her lower extremities. Doing very well with her legs elevated, but today they are mottled, blotchy red, cold to the touch, and edema is coming back...what is the best thing to do for her? We've been doing more PT, and walking around...should I put her back in her chair with her legs elevated?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013