Having BP. Taking Covance. Had sugar and cholesterol test. Suggested for lipid profile. Guide

Hello, I am Prathamesh, an Indian. My body weight 80 kg, age 45. Maintaining very fast life with hard working most of the time in computer, telephone and travelling and manpower handling.

My BP is 140/90. Dr.advised me to take COVANCE(50) at 9 AM. This would be my first every BP medicine I will take but I am interested to control my BP without medicine. 10 days before it was 138/90. He said it should be maintained at 110/70 level.

He has not given me any Thyroid medicine after checking FT4 1.05. Thyroid medicine will affect heart.
After 2 months he will review both as my last tested TSH 6.05. My total cholesterol/HDL ratio is 5.72. Glucose (fasting) 100 and PP 150. two medicines (1) Rosuvas-CP(10) HS & (2) Gluconorm-SR(500) I am continuing since 27.3.2012 as per his prescription and he kept remain continuing.

Further he suggest Lipid profile after 16 week and check FBS,PPBS, CBC, SGPT, Urea, Creatine, Urine RE/ME after a month.

Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013