Haven't had period. Had brown discharge and then ton of blood. Is this period?

Hi, i haven t had my period yet, and yesterday, for the first time ever, this weird brown stuff was in my underwear. when i wiped, it came onto the toilet paper also, there was A LOT of it. It happened again today, and 10 minutes ago, I went pee, and when i looked at the toilet paper after i wiped, there was a ton of blood on it. did i just have my period?
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Hello, thanks for using health care magic.
From the description you have given, it is hard to say
if what you are experiencing is your period.
Normal menses has clear bloody fluid, does not clot and flows for 3 to 7 days.
Abnormal menstrual color could be cause by infections. However, if you have been sexually active after your last menses, it is necessary to rule out pregnancy.
However, a visit to your Doctor for a better examination and understanding of your history (last menstrual date, cycle length, exposure etc) would be very helpful inorder to understand fully what is going on.
Best regards and hope this helps you.
Dr Achuo