Have whitish patch on the tongue, not able to eat spicy food, cough. What could be the problem?

hi doctor,i am having a white patch on the inside of tongue .and i have a bit cough when i eat anything(little spicy) then i feel hot and some itching on tongue....usually i dont have any problem eating spicy foods....but from past few days....i m not able to enjoy the taste of food as i gave a look on the tongue with d help of mirror....and hence found a white patch.....can u plase help me out with this
Asked On : Sun, 9 Sep 2012