Have white spots on nails. What should I do?

Hi I have 2 small white spots on my nails (one is now near the top, and a new one is near the bottom).
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
One of the most common cause for these little white spots, which can show up on both fingernails and toenails is called Leukonychia .
But many peoples are think they are caused by calcium or zinc deficiency.
In reality, these spots most often develop as result of mild to moderate trauma to your nail.
Another possibility is that the spots could be a sign of a mild infection or allergy.
But these spots typically do not require any treatment and should go away as your nail grows out and should not return unless you affected.
The Leukonychia could be related to another more serious condition is anemia.
So that, eat rich foods and maintain personal hygine.
Dermatologist Dr. Ilyas Patel's  Response
You are having leuconychia. It is due to minor injury at nail bed.It is harmless condition. It goes away without any treatment in 8 to 10 weeks. There is no effective treatment. So, do not worry.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Munish Sood's  Response
1. starting for the basics it can be due to calcium/zinc deficiency, any remote injury to the nail,side effect of any medications (is taking any?), under hydration,or leukonychia, any fungal infection or allergy/
2. suffering from any disease side by side, chiefly (kidney disease,cardiac problem, low hemoglobin, diabetes, liver disease?
3. reconsider a proper medical history, and in the mean time take diet rich in Vitamins and essential fatty acids.
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Seema Saxena's  Response
Welcome to health care magic
Thanks for your query
You are suffering from Leukonychia.
White spots on nails occur due to minor injuries during the birth of the nail.
You need not to worry about this as this is harmless.
Many people believe that this is caused by the deficiency of calcium, protein etc. But this is wrong.
Those white spots will go in 8 weeks when the nail grows.
You just have to prevent your nail from minor injuries.
Homeopath Dr. Subhash Ponkiya's  Response
Welcome to health care magic forum,
This is common and not require any treatment. As nail grow it automatically go off.
Just have a good nutritional diet. That's it.
For more inquiry you may contact on “”
Have a good health