Have white patches on roof of mouth and small purple spots on lower gum. Not painful. Had abscess and treated for mouth infection. Am I having cancer?

Hi, My name is Dolores I visited my dentist on Saturday and she told me to see a dentist that deals in medicine. I have white patches on roof of my mouth and small purple spots on my lower gum bottom lip area, I am so worried as I googled it and the results have scared me so much, they are not painfull and I was not aware of them I have a very bad absess two months ago and was treated for a bad mouth infection. Do I have cancer?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Jun 2012