Have white patch on palate, soft, inside nose hurts, quit smoking before delivery. What is it?

Hey i was at the dentist the other day and she said she has to reffer me to hospital,the reason being i have a white patch on my palate,its been there for months but never really bothered me so thought nothing of it,at first i thot it was a tooth cause it was very hard,now its much softer,the dentist didnt even do my cheak up and seemed more botherd bout this,kept asking if i smoked,im a ex smoker and stopped when i fell pregnant with my son over 2 year ago,plus inside my nose really seems to hurt,do u think thats connected and what do you think it could be? Thanks.
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013
Psychologist 's  Response
Dec 2015
Hi dear
Welcome to HCM
We understand your concern.
Smoking can be cause for what you have.
Let me put it straight.
You are worried that it may be cancer. Am I right?
Frankly, may be.
But what is there to worry.
There are efective treatment methods available to treat cancer.
What did your dentist sy, except asking about the patch?
For better, consult GP for confirmation.
God bless you.