Have white lump on back of throat. No inflammation. Suggestions?

Hello, I have a white lump in the back of my throat on the left side right where my throat meets my left tonsil . It is big and white and look similar to a piece of chewed white gum on the back of my throat. It is immovable so I assume it is in the tissue . I just noticed it now but I have been slowly feeling it more and more all day. I ve done some research and it sounds similar to a tonsil infection (but with no redness or inflammation) or tonsil stones. I am a female college student non-smoker. Any suggestions?
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013