Have weight problems, undergone knee surgery, implanted heart recorder device. How to lose weight?

I am a 68 year old woman with weight problems (5 1 /205 lbs); have had knee surgery for ACL , MCL and meniscus tear about 15 years ago but still have edema in knee and some mobility problems, AND broke to outer bone just above my ankle in October; am currently wearing(?) an implanted heart recorder device to determine for syncope . I know I HAVE to lose weight. Any suggestions about how to go about it?
Asked On : Sat, 5 Jan 2013