Have weight loss, large lymph node tumors. Diagnosed as Stage IV diffuse tumors. What to do?

My 84 year old father was just diagnosed with Stage IV Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma which had transformed from Small Lymphocytic Cancer. He is extremely weak, has weight loss, and large lymph node tumors, but no night sweats. His health is very poor (he's had two bouts of penumonia in the last two months). The doctors are saying that he cannot withstand the rigor of R-CHOP and that there are no other treatments. Would you basically concur that someone of his age and health could not with stand R-CHOP and that there are no other available treatments?
Asked On : Wed, 3 Apr 2013