Have virtual hernia, had lung surgery due to breast cancer, eight lymph nodes removed

I have been advised by my doctor that I have a virtual hernia. Two years ago, I had lung surgery (left) due to breast cancer which occurred in March, 2007. I was at high risk for recurrence due to being triple negative. At the time of my lung surgery, eight lymph nodes were removed. The one lymph node was very close to my heart. What was thought to be a two and one-half hour surgery, turned out to be a five and one-half hour surgery. I thought at first this bulge might have been due to the previous lung surgery. Would you advise surgery? It is very uncomfortable. Any pressure, especially wearing a bra, does hurt. I would appreciate your input.

Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013