Have very tight hamstrings and groins. Work out a lot. Why does pelvic and groin area burn?

I have very tight hamstrings and groins and work out a lot on an elliptical machine (3 days a week), as well as with a personal trainer (2 days a week). Beginning last Tuesday, I started to feel a dull soreness in my groins and perenial area so I went to the doctor. He did a prostate exam and told me my prostate felt fine, and that it was likely referred pain from the local muscles in the region. Since yesterday, when I went back to work (I work at a desk all day as an attorney), I feel some burning in my groins and pelvic area and feel a slight burning in the top of my penis . When I walk, I feel much better. Any thoughts as to what this is? I made an appointment with a urologist just to be safe and since I am going abroad on vacation in a few weeks.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012