Have venous thrombosis on leg after typhoid treatment. Does anticoagulant injection works in thrombosis?

hello sir i have venous thrombosis on my left leg in ankle region and its is visible i can feel it is hard i got this after treatment of typhoid .and doctors detected thrombosis in two regions at thigh and at ankle due to thigh region i had pain but after feeling normal out of pain i discontinued medicine without doctor advice so thrombosis on my ankle still persist and that region become dark due to blockage of blood . During treatment he recommended me anticoagulant injection grefac and antibacterial medicine. Does an anticogulant can work alone in thrombosis age 22 male
Asked On : Wed, 20 Jun 2012