Have vaso vagal syndrome. Seizures, swollen tongue, speech impediment. Any insight?

Hello Dr. Grief, My fiancee was diagnosed with Vaso Vagal Syndrome . She has siezures/spells whenever terribly upset, temperature changes (overheating), shock, and increasingly, here lately, for no reason at all. She is victim to several illness . Neuropathy , bipolar,fibromialgia. About a year ago these episodes have become more frequent and more extreme. when she passes out she will most times began to posture then convulse, sometimes violently.Her tongue has begun to swell to the point of almost suffocating her. then starting about 6 months ago she began to come out of these spells slower and slower and with longer lasting aftereffects. The most alarming being the speech impediment, plus a disorianteation as to simple things. Three days ago she was exiting the bathtub and got flushed and passed out. i was in another room but when I went to check on her she was facedown in front of the cabinet having blocked the door when falling. I flicked some water in her face and revived her enough to sit up long enough for me to squeeze through the door. Ever since then her speech is highly irregular. To the point of a retarted/ babylike quality. She believes she may have struck her head on the way down but we could find no marks or abrasions. she has failed to come back to her normal speech pattern when it usually subsides within about 30 minutes. Could these be considered mini-strokes or can you tell me what might physically cause the symptons she show. They are progressing so quickly that I am afraid she will have a larger attack and be permanately damaged if I cant find a solution. Please help us with any insight you may have as to how and what to do. Thank You - Scott
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013