Have varicocele. Will smoking/vaping marijuana would help or worsen it?

Hi, I think i have a varicocele (I am going to get checked tomorrow). I was wondering if smoking/vaping marijuana would help or worsen it. I was also wondering since i am just able to see it and feel it by my left testicle but no pain or ache, is there ways other than surgeries to help reduce it (change in diet , stop the smoking, a lot of tea , etc) Thank you for your help
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
Infectious Diseases Specialist 's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
The major risk factor for varicocele is obesity causing abnormality in the drainage of testicular veins leading to dilation. There is no evidence of smoking causing this. There are many treatment options available both medical and surgical. I would suggest you get in touch with a surgeon who can examine you in detail and give appropriate therapy.
Over the counter painkillers can be taken if there is discomfort.
Smoking predisposes to many other serious conditions when compared to varicocele. I would suggest to quit smoking as soon as possible.
Thanks