Have variation in glucose level. Various tests done. Taking medicines. Can FBG change so quick?

Dear Sir,
I am 31 male from India ,my BMI was 30.2 ,two months back due to offshore site requirement i have to go through complete tests,In that tests everything was OK but my fasting glocuse level shown 217 mg/dl after 9 hours of fasting (before 9 hour I had few chocolates and cigrate as i was not aware what fasting test meant for).So i was advised to do test of HB1AC and PP which i did after 1 month, the result was HB1AC 9.1% and PP 149 mg/dl with reduced bmi 29.
As I was pretty sure I am fit and also i dont have family history.So I visited to physician after 6 days of this test in that he found my random BG is 107 mg/dl but HbA1C still 9 %.So he asked me to perform OGTT and Fasting test after 3 days,report was fasting 124 mg/dl .OGTT after one hour 213mg/dl after 2 hour 100 mg/dl and after 3 hour 79 mg/dl.He confirmed with OGTT that he cannot say i am diabetic ,for fasting he has given me metformin 500 before 12 days but i didnt start medication because i have reduced my bmi to 28.4 by exercising and dieting.My query Since 1 week i am monitoring my FBG its always in the range of 83 to 102 mg/dl immediately after getting out from bed after 8 to 12 hrs of fasting but most of the time I noticed after getting of the bed my FBG is low but if I brush my teeeth and take hot shower my FBG increases to 15 to 20 mg/dl - is it normal or abnormal,Should i start metformin as advised by my physician before 2 weeks ,Please reply
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013