Have uterine bleeding, irregular periods. Taken Lupron, Provera. Surgery necessary?

hello i am 34 yrs old, and having been suffering from uturine bleeding for over 8 weeks. i have always had irregualr periods even while on birth control . i took birth control pills for 8 yrs which never slowed down my flow.. my cycle always last 7 days or more..thru the years i have had tried different birth control pills and it never worked. in 2011 i had a d&c which help for a couple months but then stop. i go to my doctor and tell her about the long periods the bleeding during sex which feels like my partner is hitting something. my doctor prescribes provera which worked the very first month i took it but the next month it didnt.. the bleeding continued. my doctor has ran all kinds of test and given me an ultra sound but found nothing. next step was to give me depo provera injection which didnt stop the bleeding either. after weeks and weeks of bleeding and clots i asked my doctor if there was any kind of surgery that could be done. she suggestion endometrial ablation which meant i had to get a lupron shot. along with her advising she would tie my ties to prevent pregnancy. i am confused but i do want the bleeding to stop. the lupron has been hell with the hot flashes. today is 3 weeks from my lupron injection and the bleeding has finally stop. but now im now so sure about this surgery like i said i am 34 i don t know if i just wanna say i dont want kids anymore...can u help what do u suggest
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013