Have urine problem. Had urine test and advised for trus guided biopsy of prostrate.What is this? Can it be done for old people?

My father is 68 yrs old and suffers from frequent urination problem. Urine Report says 20 - 25 RBC/hpf and presence of albumin. PSA level is 6.0. Serum Creatinine is 1.2
Ultra sound reports presence of 2.9 cm calculi in bladder, cystitis and mild hydro nephrosis in left kidney.
We consulted Urologist who has advised TRUS guided biposy of prostrate. Could you kindly explain this test and are there any risks involved in performing the test given his age. Thanks in advance
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013