Have urethral diverticulum. Done sling surgery. Anything I can do to avoid surgery?

Hello, I have Urethral diverticulum, I have had two previous sling surgeries, which I did not need because the problem still existed, this has been going on for about 22 years, this year I was finally diagnosed w/Urethral diverticulum. I am in no hurry to have more major surgery. Is there things I can do for myself to prolong surgery?
Asked On : Sun, 10 Feb 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have urethral diverticulum.

If you do not have symptoms like driblling micturition, burning urination or have mild symptoms you can just take antibiotics and anti cholinergic drugs.

However if your symptoms are severe enough to disrupt quality of life you need to get surgery done.

Please consult qualified Urologist for detail assessment and further treatment.