Have unusual vyvanse. Have been on lot of medication. All test done. What is the remedy?

I am on 50 my Vyvanse and 20 mg Dex IR for Narcolepsy and apathy/unmotivation as an adjunct to Pristiq. I take 50 mg Vyvanse 5-6/week and the Dex IR as needed. I also drink coffee in the morning with the Vyvanse as 50 mg doesn't really get me up after these last few months.

With my doctors ok, I added a 500 mg L-Tyrosine supplement last week and it was surprisingly helpful! My meds were much more stable and I actually took less. However after 7 days things went back to where they were so I took a break. During my day off I took 500 mg L-Tyrosine supplement twice (and nothing else.)

Today I took my usual Vyvanse and had horrible high blood pressure symptoms (tight chest, left arm was tingly, tired, couldn't focus, ect.) I had these when I first started stimulants, but stopped when I stopped coffee. My blood pressure was 140/100, but its normally a ok even with the cardiac symptoms.

I have tried Nuvigil and Provigil, but Vyvanse helps me a lot more. Why would my BP spike randomly? From the L-Tyrosine? Can It really help that much? Should I get my heart checked out? My doctor said these medicines are not harmful, and last time I went to the ER my bp was fine at 120/80.

Thanks for your help, I am at my wits end :)
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013