Have undergone corrective surgery leg, plate supported by screws. Complete recovery, diet?

Hi,I am Uday Patel, Age 25, Male, I am Vegetarian. In My Left Leg There was deformity(Knee's lower bone was bowed).So I have undergone a surgery (It's mixture of illizorav and appartus) I dont know proper name of surgery. In short bone is broken and that have outer support plate with screw(inside). So how much time it will took to complete recovery and what i must to eat for fast recovery.Suggest me a diet for better recovery.
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013
The recovery in such cases takes 8-10 weeks. After the pins are removed, the weight bearing is allowed. You need to have a protein and calcium rich diet for early recovery. Do take regular supplements and have rest till then.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal