Have under-eye dark circles, uneven skin tone, used melacare, got dark patch on cheeks post discontinuation. Cause?

HI doctor, I used melacare for 10 days as I heard from someone that it gives gud results.I have dark undereye circles and very uneven skin tone, for ex., my cheeks are fair but my forehead and the region around my mouth is dark.for the first few days of use of melacare my skin turned glossy and became fairer,also the dark marks started fading.I googled about melacare and found out that there are more ill effects than benifits,so I discontinued its use,now there s a dark patch which is not very significant on both my it because of melacare?what should I do?please suggest an alternative.
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012