Have type 2 diabetes, done blood test and lipid test. Confused about sudden spike in lipids

In the past 6 weeks, I have eliminated all grains and sugar , trying to reverse my type 2 diabetes . I was already dairy free and gluten free for almost two years, but wanted to go further to improve my a1c. I had my blood checked for a1c and lipids last week. Today I got the results and my a1c went from 8.3 to 7.6, so I m on the right track. However, my triglycerides went from an already high 350 (approx) to 1473 in 3 months. I was floored and can t figure out why. The doctor said it s genetics , but I am struggling with that explanation. I am a 58 year old female. I am 5 9 and weigh 190 lbs. I ve lost about 5 lbs. on my new eating regimen, feel better and have been able to reduce some of my diabetic meds. I don t eat red meat or pork, and no starchy veggies. I am very confused and concerned about the sudden spike in my lipids. Can you tell me why?
Asked On : Fri, 18 May 2012