Have type 2 diabetes. On metformin. Mushy, smelly stool, gas pain. What is the cause of this?

Hi I'm 45 years old in fairly decent shape don't smoke. I don't exercise but i'm very active always moving around on the job.
A year and a half ago I was diagnosed with type II diabetes no family history I'm 6' 1" at the time of diagnosis I was 218 lbs. I am on metformin 2000 mg a day and weight is down to 194lbs.. My surgar has been around the 80 to 140 rainge. My stool is very mushy and smelly, and I'm getting very uncomfortable gas pain? what could be the possible cause?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Apr 2013