Have toothache and swollen spot in mouth. No medication till now. What is the remedy?

I had a toothache and the next day the roof of my mouth had a swollen spot. It's not a hard spot. It hurts when I eat I have barely ate anything in 3 days now its hurts to drinks anything. The spot is getting bigger and it hard to talk now. How can I get rid of it before I go to the dentist in 3 days. That was the earliest they could get me in. I have tried whisky on the infected tooth and salt water but the spot keeps getting bigger.
Asked On : Thu, 25 Apr 2013