Have tonsillitis, fever, body aches and headache. Took Penicillin shot. Healing time?

Yeah I just went to the doctor today ... I have all the signs for tonilitis fever chills body aches headachs can t eat or swollow ... I have had it in the past so I know what it is... I have white patches on the back of my throt and the doctor I seen did a mouth swap for strep and the flu I came up with neither they gave me a shot of pinicillin I use just wonding if and how long it takes effect ... I m just wondering
Asked On : Mon, 11 Mar 2013