Have tiredness, sore joints, bump on groin and red bruises on cheek. Leukemia symptoms?

Hi, I m a 17 year old female. For the past few months, I ve had some odd symptoms. I ve been feeling extremely tired, sore joints, developed a swollen painless bump on my groin twice in the past couple of months, a dry patch on the roof of my mouth. I have gotten much paler in my face & arms. I can see my veins much more clearly in my breasts & arms/fingers. I do have Ulcerative Colitis , but have been in remission for a while. I have paid no attention to these symptoms, & have thought of them to be hormonal as I have started & stopped birth control within the past few months. But today, I noticed two red/purple bruises on my cheek. It appeared out of nowhere & I decided to do some research. I don t know what this could be, I don t want to freak myself out. I have seen diseases linked to this such as leukemia but I don t want to think the worst, even though I do have a lot of symptoms.
Asked On : Tue, 12 Mar 2013
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
You have mentioned about varied medical problems. I want to mention that blood malignancy like leukemia can be identified by blood tests. There are many other possibilities also. You should be examined by your physician. History of gum bleeding purpuric spots are important and sternal ( bone in middle chest) tenderness to be elicited. A complete blood count will be the baseline investigation of choice. Consult your physician.