Have tingling, burning sensation, had broken fibula surgery, have plate and screws, cast placed. Elevated, use crutches?

Hi. I have just had surgery on a broken fibula. A plate has been fitted with 6 screws. I believe it's a type b webers break. I have been in the cast for nearly a week and so far the discomfort has not been to bad. I am however getting some tingling and a slight burning sensation. This seems to be worse at night. I would also like to know if its safe to use the crutches at this early stage or weather I should just keep it constantly elevated.
Many thanks
Asked On : Tue, 23 Apr 2013