Have tightness in chest, stressed, unconsciousness. Heart murmurs and hole in heart?

I think I have a heart condition that I received from my mothers side of my family. She has a hole in her heart an 2 heart murmurs (I think 2, maybe 1). She has been told to get surgery as soon as possible. I have some of the same symptoms like: tightness in my chest when I stress or too much physical activities, get faint (lost consciousness once), and short of breath easily. My mother believes I am fine, but I am worried and it gets progressively worse each month. Are these symotoms of any heart conditions, and should I go see a doctor?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Mar 2013