Have thyroid nodes. On acid reflux medicines. Why am I choking? Cancer?

Today I saw a throat specialist, I have a a couple thyroid Nodes, one was dominant but only 1.5cm in size, had a biopsy and was told non cancerous but I am continuing to feel like I am choking, I am on acid reflux medicine and today he doubled the dosage, he did a probe and said my left side of thyroid is swollen...is it possible this is just acid reflux doing this? He also said, often the biopsies are non conclusive and he would continue to monitor it and ultra sound yearly with only a 5% chance of cancer, he will not touch it for now.......should I trust it s just acid reflux causing my burning and choking feeling?
Asked On : Mon, 18 Jun 2012