Have thigh stiffness limiting hydor and physical therapy. Had knee replacement, taking anti inflammatory, pain killers. Muscle relaxant?

I am 6 weeks post knee replacement and all is well except severe thigh muscle stiffness. This stiffness is reducing my ability to conduct successful knee hydor & physio knee theropy. Theropy objectives include knee joint bend. I am prescibed anti-inflamation and medium pain control medication(paracetimol) which is working fine. Just looking for strong muscle relaxing creams or lotions to apply through out day and evening . Unfotunatly there are so many on internet it becomes confussing and most seem to be for everyday aches and pains. What would you suggest? Please help thank you, Mike
Asked On : Tue, 16 Apr 2013