Have thick uterus lining, advised biopsy. Have heavy, painful cycles, tubes tied, taking narcotics. Pain relief?

Hello I'm 35 and a mother of seven my tubes are tied I've always had extremely heavy and painful cycles this pass week I was told I had a thick lining around my uterus and need a biopsy done next week what can cause that and what can I do to relieve this pain I'm in I'm on narcotics (Vicodin),and it's not helping my cycles last anywhere from a week to a week in a half and I have break through bleeding every cycle
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013