Have the history of varicose veins. Vein on the penis noted. What are the chances of a broken vein?

About 6 weeks ago I noticed a slightly hard vein on my penis , on the right side. It seemed like nothing major so I continued on my way normally until about a week ago when other varicose veins showed up - specifically the dorsal vein on top of my penis. It puffed up and now is extremely visible when standing. It doesn t hurt, per se, but there s a dull ache every once and a while. I get get erections fine. I ve been laying off excessive masturbation, but have a few times, very gently and with lubrication . It s been around for a long time and I really want some sort of opinion. It hasn t changed and is in fact getting worse. Mostly I don t care about the cosmetic aspect, I just want to know that I can comfortably have sex at some point in my life again, that these veins won t burst or something.
Asked On : Thu, 30 Aug 2012