Have tampons, black, brown, smelled awful, pulled out, sick. Should i see a doctor?

I just found that I have had a tampon in me since friday that I didn t know about. The past two days my tampons have been black and brown and smelled awful. While I was in the shower today I figured I might as well see, not really thinking I doubled up on accident, but indeed I did. After pulling it out I feel sick and it almost looked moldy and there was a dark green spot on it. It can t be good but I don t know if I should go to the doctor or not.
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013
Pain Medicine & Palliative Care Specialist 's  Response
The tampon could be a source of infection which is why you feel sick. You may need a course of antibiotics. Therefore, I would suggest you visit your emergency department for assessment.
Dr K A Pottinger,