Have swollen lymph nodes with pain. Taking antibiotics for kidney infection. Cause?

I am female amd 30 yrs old , the lymph nodes at the base of my skull r slightly swollen all the time n sometimes hurt pretty bad n there s days they aren t swollen now the one on the right side below n behind my ear is swollen pretty big bout size of a half dollar n getting bigger n very painfull... I have been on antibiotics for a week 300 mg cefdinir for a kidney infection ... should my lymph nodes be swollen and What is causing this??
Asked On : Mon, 25 Feb 2013