Have swollen leg and foot numbness. Diagnosed with Gout and diabetes. Suggestions?

Hi, I have a swollen knee , lower leg and ankle. My doctor saw me Monday and after examining me told me he thinks its Gout and gave me medication for that. The pain in my knee has gotten better but the swelling hasn t. When I press on my Tibia , the result is the feeling of say putty where I can leave indents on top of the bone. My ankle is swollen but not nearly as bad as my knee. Lastly, my knee to my ankle is noticeably warmer than my other leg, Two weeks ago, I had foot numbness in the same leg that has since dicipated and back to normal. On top of all of this I was diagnosed with the start of Type 2 with an A1C level of 7...........thoughts? Thanks
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013