Have swollen foot. Had metatarsal avulsion. No medication till now. What to do?

I broke my 5th Metatarsal Avulsion on my left foot 8 days ago. I have been in a splint since then. I take it off every two days so I can shower and put it back on. The past 4 days the top of my foot feels like its on fire and is very senstive to touch, air, water, heck you name it, it's senstive. My foot is still quite swollen, but the brusing has now made its way from the back part of my foot to the toes. Should I worry that I am having all of this pain and burning? I can't get into the ortho dr until I go back to the er. which might not be until next week. Or should I go now and explain this to them?
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013