Have swollen finger and wrist. Have severe pain. No medication till now. What to do?

Finger and wrist
2 weeks ago I punched improperly a board and an hour later my hand got swollen first a small bump above the pinky and the finger next to it on the knuckle. Then that side of the hand swelled up which lasted for 3 days. I touch the spot but no real pain when I press, but a bit when I pull pinky. Also wrist I kept it still for 2 weeks to have the wrist bent 20% degrees and fingers 45% for the most part and did not use which my muscles are tight, I can bend my fingers straight, and make a fist with the help of the other hand due to the muscle tightness and a bit of pain. Now I see a bump above the pinky knuckle, and the skin is thinker or maybe slightly swollen their and on the pinky joint. The wrist I can bend it but has pain if I move too much, despite I can bend it.
Muscles are stiff and heat pad helps. Besides medical visits which I can't afford and don't want, what else would you advise ?
Asked On : Sun, 21 Apr 2013