Have swollen ankles, infection on right leg. Had antibiotics. Help me cure this.

I have swollen ankles and lately had infection on my right leg and it was red and swallen so I could not walk and was confined in bed for two months. I had to go several times to emergencies to get intravenes antibiotic and had to have antibiotics by increased dosages... Now the ankle is hurting me especially when I am standing for several minutes. I think walking might be a good idea or is it? I have seen many doctors and they all gave me different antibiotics but it seems none have helped me. My leg has been ameliorated since then but still hurts except when they are raised up. Please help!!! Although I am senior but am a very active person and stopped most of my activities including going to the gym.
Asked On : Fri, 19 Apr 2013