Have swelling, numbness, tingling, weakness and dull aching in the muscles of legs and arms. What is it ?

Hi. since November I have been experiencing swelling , numbness, tingling , weakness and dull aching in the muscles of my legs and arms. when it first started it was just one finger and thumb on the right hand that was affected. it then became my whole right arm, then left arm and leg. it has mainly been on the left side of my body. i have experienced swelling everywhere and my left leg continues to remain swollen. my balance and thinking has also been affected, i find it very hard being on my feet for long amounts of time and climbing stairs is painful. the joints in my hips are unstable also when i walk and are effected by heat and cold temperatures. i have been to my doctor several times, he says he doesn t know what it is and has ordered me a MRI but I have been waiting since November and still haven t had the MRI. do you know what this could be?
Asked On : Fri, 8 Mar 2013