Have swelling in rib cage, pressure sensation, painful. On tylenol, inhaler. What can be done?

For the past three days I have had swelling under my rib cage. There is an immense amount of pressure on my left rib cage while my right side only has some pain. I get short of breath easily when eating and find it difficult to move without pain. I did not do any physical activity to cause this nor have I had any medical injuries or past that could attribute to this. I have gone to a doctor and they put me on Tylenol 3s, an inhaler and a gel. However, the swelling is if anything getting worse and the pain is still felt strongly. What do I do?!
Asked On : Sat, 20 Apr 2013