Have swelling in glands under chin. Blood test done, normal. No medications. Can it be a infection?

Hello. I have a swollen glands under my chin and on each side of my windpipe. I have had this for the past 7months. I went to visit my GP about it in November last year and they took blood test as i was scared it might be a thyroid problem or worse cancer. My blood test came back with nothing, everything was fine but my glands havnt gone down and i feel a throbbing on the right side a lot. I am also scared that it might be thyroid cancer as i was a smoker but the doctor assured me it was swollen glands and that i contracted a virus and it will take time to leave my body. They still havnt gone down and this throbbing is really scaring me. Could it be a throat infection??
Asked On : Fri, 26 Apr 2013