Have swelling and pain in leg. On Diuretics and am paraplegic. Home remedies?

I have terrible swelling in my legs and feet . I m on diuretics. (Novo-semide 40 mg. 1x per day). I ve been on them for a month and half and am presently going for monthly blood-work to access and monitor my problem. I m also a paraplegic of T456 for the past 25 years. This condition is new to my disability . The past 3-4 days have increased my swelling but today it is horribly painful and very difficult to deal with. I ve tried just about everything, but know that going into emergency for help is probably fruitless. Could you give me some remedies I could use at home until my regular doctor is back in 1 week? Thanks so much Jenny Jensen
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013