Have swelling and blurry vision after hitting eyebrow. Recommendations?

My 19 year old son was hit with an elbow to the bottom of his eyebrow (front temple area) while playing touch football about 30 minutes ago. He had substantial swelling to the brow and front temple area within a few seconds. He initially saw stars from the impact, and has what he describes as quivering blurred vision in that eye only. The pupils are the same size. He says it does not really hurt. He just arrived home and we are icing it. He says it is not a concussion . We wonder if he should be taken to the emergency room. I assume the swelling is pressing on a nerve causing the quivering blurriness and while sometimes the goose-eggs look much worse than they are, I know the converse can be true, also. Your advice is appreciated.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013