Have surgically repaired displaced tibial plateau. Can I sleep without hinged knee brace?

I have a surgically repaired displaced tibial plateau now 4 wks old . my physical therapist says I can sleep without the hinged knee brace if I am comfortable. no instructions to the contrary from my surgeon who is out of town. is this actually ok? I have read elsewhere that the knee brace stays on at night for 6 weeks vs keeping if off part of the time to have as much non weight raring joint mobility as possible.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013