Have strong heartbeat, taking medication for high blood pressure. How can I change this?

I have a very strong heartbeat which I can feel all the time. It s no bother during the day but it keeps me from falling asleep at night although I eventually fall asleep. I have been taking medication for high blood pressure for a number of years so I don t know if that is a factor. When everything is quiet at night I tend to lay there and count the beats. You d think that would put me to sleep like counting sheep but it doesn t. How would I go about changing that at least at night?
Asked On : Sun, 17 Jun 2012