Have streptococcus A infections in bladder. Will taking baking soda help?

I have had strept throat before and did have my tonsils removed a couple years ago.I currently have had trouble with my bladder and have had a hysterectomy and bladder suspension done 5 years ago, The current gynecologist that I am seeing was trained by the man who did first bladder suspension, and this Dr. is telling me that the bladder suspension that was done was done the old way and I am retaining urine. I have had streptococcus A infections in my bladder since December and have been treated with Cipro 3 x now.. I am having to come to terms with the fact that I may need to go ahead and have the newer type of bladder suspension done with the mesh.
Someone who has had bladder problems told me about taking baking soda with H2O twice a day has helped them to ward off bladder infections now for a couple of months.What are your thoughts.
Asked On : Sun, 24 Mar 2013