Have stone in gall bladder at the age of 73 years

I have stone in gall bladder . Iam 73 can I undergo laproscopiic surgery and if so what would be the appox.cost
Asked On : Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Hello.Welcome to HCM forum.You must get your surgery done.Treatment consists of removal of gall bladder and best way is laproscopic removal.Treatment cost varies from 35 to 50 thousand rupees in different centers.Thanks and good luck.
Gastroenterologist Dr. R. Murali's  Response
welcome To HCM forum
Presence of Stone in the Gall bladder with symptoms of Biliary pain or obstuctive Jaundice or if asympatomatic and stone size more than 3 cms requires surgery . Considering your age and If you have Co.morbid illness like cardiac issues and which are asymptomatic does not require surgery.
wish you a healthy Life

General Surgeon Dr. Avinash A's  Response
welcome to hcm,
first you need to get a ultrasound done again and see if the stones are multiple or single..then the size of the stones are imp to decide the treatment..sometimes stone without pain surgery is not indicated..laparscopic removal can be done and the cost depends from hospital to will cost you atleast 40-50,000 minimum in a normal setup.take care
General & Family Physician Dr. Chirag Soni's  Response
Welcome to HCM.
If you are having recurrent episodes of severe pain and discomfort than go for laproscopic surgery.If there is no any discomfort than you can live with gallstone there will be no harm.Cost is defer from city to city and hospital.